Southern California Garden Tours in May
Tis the season for garden tours! If you haven’t taken advantage of local garden tours yet this year, it’s such a fun and inspiring way to spend a day! I had the pleasure of being one of the gardens included in the Mary Lou Heard Memorial Garden tour in Orange County this past weekend. I met so many wonderful people and shared the joy of gardening with them. If you want to enjoy examples of beautiful, creative, and inspiring gardens in all their spring glory, here are some garden tours taking place in Southern California this month! (Makes a great outing with ‘Mom’ during this ‘Mother’s Day’ month!)
Also, see below for photos of my garden this past weekend!
- May 9: Elegant and Enchanting Rose Garden Tour hosted by the Rose Society of Saddleback Mountain features five beautiful, unique, and enchanting gardens located in South Orange County. Tickets $25 in advance, $30 day of tour. Rose Society of Saddleback Mountain
- May 14: The 18th annual Newport Harbor Home and Garden Tour includes stops at several homes and gardens, lunch and an afternoon reception hosted by Barclay Butera Interiors. 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. $75 before May 6; $85 if purchased May 7-14. (949) 722-9473; newportharborhometour.com.
- May 16: Friends of Robinson Gardens presents its 27th Annual Garden Tour benefit showcasing several private gardens and tours of the Virginia Robinson estate in Beverly Hills. 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tickets start at $225. 1008 Elden Way, Beverly Hills. (310) 550-2068; robinsongardens.org.
- May 17: Rossmoor Annual Outdoor Living and Garden Tour is a self-guided tour of six homes and outdoor store. $10 rossmoorwomansclub.org or 562-810-7139 or 562-594-4096
- May 30: San Clemente Garden Club Garden Tour is a self-guided tour featuring six coastal gardens. 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Advance tickets are available for $30. Tickets purchased at the gardens on the day of are $35. sanclementegardenclub.com